FAITH360 Praying in Anglican Ways
A practical workshop about forms of Anglican spirituality and prayer.
This all day workshop (9-4pm) written by the Revs Penny Jones and Jonathan Inkpin enables participants to ponder their own spirituality and the methods of prayer and worship that can enhance relationships with God. Discover deep Anglican wells of spiritual practice that provide resources for faith today! In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore ideas about spirituality. Just what is it anyway?
- Think about the Anglican forms of spirituality
- Examine their own spirituality towards identifying a helpful life-enhancing profile
- Learn about the history and form of Anglican spiritualities that have enlivened our church, as well as individuals/groups associated with them
- Have a chance to practice different forms of prayer and worship associated with these Anglican spiritualities
- Come to value the enormous breadth of spiritual resources available to us in the Anglican Church
- Think about developing a 'rule of life' to enhance our faith formation into the future
FAITH360 Small Group Facilitation Workshop
A practical workshop on the purpose and process of Small Group Bible Studies for experienced and new leaders alike.
This all-day workshop (9.00am-4.30pm) helps equip current and new Small Group leaders with the practical skills and knowledge needed to facilitate a successful Small Group Bible Study. It is interactive in approach and covers the following areas:
- Why Small Groups?
- The Five Key Purposes of Small Groups
- Understanding the Shape of Your Existing or New Group
- The Five Key Process Areas of Small Group Facilitation
- Evaluating and Improving Your Facilitation Skills
- Improving Listening and Questioning Skills
- Further Resources
Participants are encouraged to actively engage and apply key concepts to their local setting. Whilst the workshop focuses on Small Groups themselves, some approaches to growing a parish Small Group ministry is also covered.